Priceline had active existing social media communities and marketing presences, yet they had limited insight into the extended conversations and social mentions taking place online about their brand.
Our first objective was to monitor Priceline’s digital conversations and to offer the brand with consumer and product insights.
Our secondary outcome was to demonstrate to social audiences Priceline’s dedication and awareness of their customers needs from our monitoring findings.
Key Implementations from Social Media Monitoring
- Social Monitoring Pick Up: Priceline’s Twitter community featured a lot of conversation around Revlon’s Lip Butter products.
- Social Media Implementation: We decided to use this conversation to influence Priceline’s Twitter community by launching a 24-hour Twitter campaign.
- Social Media Campaign Incentive: @pricelineAU fans were asked to use the hashtag #pricelinelovesrevlon and tag @pricelineAU in their tweets for the chance to win one of 20 Revlon Lip Butters.
Thinktank Social Services Utilised
- Audit, Analysis & Recommendations
- Social Media Content Calendar Production
- Graphic Design
- Community Management
- Social Media Advertising
- Risk Management
- Monitoring and Analysis
- Online Reputation Management
Step 5 – Campaign Reporting
Next we conducted an audit and analysis to assess what currently was and what wasn’t working for their brand online. We used online media monitoring tools to listen to conversations across multiple mediums, which enabled us to determine some key data. This data was then used to form the foundation of our strategic recommendations.
109 Twitter users participated and 32,793 Twitter users were reached by the campaign.
144 tweets of #pricelinelovesrevlon were received.
83 new followers for @PricelineAU
Social Monitoring Crisis: Kasey Chambers uploaded a photo of an in store signage blunder made by a Priceline staff member. The post immediately went viral and began to be shared nationally.
The post received 18,424 user engagements
11,436 likes and 1,114 shares
The blunder ended up being featured on the Ellen Degeneres Show
Social Media Implementation: We encouraged Priceline to take accountability for the tampon and Fathers Day signage mistake.
Sportsbet shared Priceline’s accountability upload
Priceline posted the image across their social media channels asking if fans could spot what was not quite right in the photo.