King of Social, Facebook achieved 200,000 new users this month, however it’s followed closely behind by Google-owned YouTube, as video content is now more significant than ever! Newly launched video platform, Meerkat, made a splash in March, however it has yet to receive the traction needed to make it onto this month’s list.
It comes as no surprise that more and more are moving to WordPress for their websites. Not only does WordPress offer web developers the best options for building and SEO, the ability to make websites responsive is becoming highly significant. By April 21, Google will be penalising all websites that aren’t responsive, meaning it will be detrimental to their search rankings. If your website is in jeopardy of this, contact us below before it’s too late!
WhatsApp is currently being used by a whopping 16% of mobile users in Australia, making it a big player in March. This only goes to show that more and more mobile users are becoming savvy when it comes to using free or home wifi, and keeping those phone bills down!
Social Media Statistics Australia – March 2015
- Facebook – 14,000,000 users (up 200,000)
- YouTube – 13,600,000 UAVs
- WordPress.com – 6,000,000
- Tumblr – 4,800,000
- Instagram – 4,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (Facebook/ Instagram data)
- LinkedIn – 3,400,000
- Blogspot – 2,800,000
- Twitter – 2,791,300 Active Australian Users
- WhatsApp – 2,400,000 Active Australian Users
- TripAdvisor – 2,000,000
- Tinder – 1,500,000 Australian users
- Yelp – 1,500,000
- Snapchat – 1,070,000 Active Australian Users
- Flickr – 700,000
- Pinterest – 350,000
- Reddit – 160,000
- MySpace – 120,000
- Google Plus – approx 60,000 monthly active Australian users
- StumbleUpon – 50,000
- Foursquare/Swarm – 25,000
- Digg – 18,000
- Delicious – 16,000
Statistics compiled by SocialMediaNews.com.au for March 2015.
Stats courtesy: Vivid Social Research Division. Figures correct as of 31/03/15.
Have any questions, or something to add? We’d love to hear from you!